America is (in our opinion) the greatest country in the world. Sure, some might doubt this citing our pristine infastructure, glorious health care system, and the unimpeachable effectiveness of our education system as evidence to the contrary. And sure, their lists probably go on forever. They are fools, because the true greatness of a nation can be measured by its might and ability to evoke feelings of pride and respect in the hearts and minds of many. In other words, when it comes down to it the only thing that matters is the size of your nation’s heart, strength and yeah, the amount of cool new products its many industries can produce (like cars).
So out of respect for those who fell on September 11th, 2001 and those who’ve fallen since, we offer our salute to America. It’s 11 car nut reasons why we think America is the greatest nation on earth and will continue to be as long as cars are part of our culture. Below you will find a short list of burnouts, big motors, high horsepower and cool cars.
You”ll need a bit of time to sort through all these videos, but in the end you’ll have more than enough material to fill those moments of silence with screeching tires and screaming V8′s. God bless America!
11) The technically not 100% American Hennessey Venom GT Spyder:
10) Supercharged 1967 Pontiac GTO:
9) Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 at Road America:
8) Lowriders in New York City:
7) Eight second twin-turbocharged Dodge Viper GTS:
6) Shelby Cobra 427 at Laguna Seca:
5) A Saleen S7 Twin Turbo makes the run from 140 to 240 mph seem like a walk in the park:
4) The Hennessey HPE 700 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1:
3) 257.7 MPH Ford GT Standing Mile World Record:
2) A Brit and and an Australian do 200mph in a Corvette ZR1 on the Autobahn:
1) Burnouts…lots of bunouts: