On Friday, May 18th at 7:30pm this incredible 1969 Chevy COPO Camaro will be auctioned off by Mecum on live television.
What Mecum said about it:
Documented with valuable GM of Canada records, this immaculate 1969 COPO 427 Camaro is one of approximately 80 COPO 9561 L72-equipped Camaros exported into Canada and is one of only 4 known COPO cars finished in Rally Green. A complete frame-off nut-and bolt-restoration was performed with extensive use of original and NOS parts, including original XT wheels and Uniroyal Tiger paws.
The engine is a correct replacement CE block 427/425 HP unit, mated to an M21 4-speed and 4.10 Positraction rear end; power front disc brakes are also part of the equipment list. This exceptionally rare COPO comes with owner history and has been inspected and certified by Camaro expert Jerry McNeish.
- 1 of approximately 80 COPO 9561 L72 Camaro’s exported into Canada
- Extensive frame off nut and bolt restoration
- GM of Canada paperwork
- Correct CE 427/425 HP replacement engine
- M21 4-speed transmission
- 4.10 rear end
- Power disc brakes
- Exstensive use of original and NOS parts
- Original XT wheels and Tiger Paw tires
- Owner history
- Ultra Rare and desirable Rally Green
- Certified and inspected by Jerry McNiesh
- 1 of only 4 known Rally Green COPOs